Our fees cover all the legal work required to complete the sale of your new home including dealing with registration at the Land Registry.
MJP Law’s fees range from £805.00 + VAT up to £1200.00 + VAT (depending upon the complexity and values of the transaction). We will always provide you with an individual fee estimate at the outset of the transaction. There are occasions when we pay a referral fee which will not affect the amount we charge you.
Our fees assume that:
- this is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction;
- the transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complication arise;
- all parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation;
- no indemnity policies are required. Additional legal fees and disbursements may apply if indemnity policies are required;
- the property is registered.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry and estate agent fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
|HM Land Registry fee (apx)||£135.00|
|Search fees (apx, depending on location)||£310.00 inc VAT|
|Electronic money transfer fee||£35.00 + VAT|
How long will my house sale take?
How long it will take from your offer being accepted until you can move out of your house will depend on a number of factors. The average process takes between 6-12 weeks.
It can be quicker or slower, depending on the parties in the chain. For example, if you are a selling to a first time buyer with a mortgage in principle, it could take 10 weeks.