MJP Law’s fees range from £805 + VAT with an additional Leasehold Fee of £100.00 + VAT up to £1,200.00 + VAT + the Leasehold Fee (depending upon the complexity and value of the transaction). We will always provide you with an individual fee estimate at the outset of the transaction. There are occasions when we pay a referral fee, which will not affect the amount we charge you.
Our fees assume that:
- this is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction;
- this is the assignment of an existing lease and is not the grant of a new lease;
- the transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complication arise
- all parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation;
- no indemnity policies are required. Additional legal fees and disbursements may apply if indemnity policies are required;
- The property is registered.
Our fees cover all the legal work required to complete the sale of your home.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as estate agent fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. There are certain disbursements which will be set out in the individual lease relating to the Property. The disbursements which we anticipate will apply are set out separately below. This list is not exhaustive and other disbursements may apply depending on the term of the lease. The fees below are estimates and we will update you on the specific fees upon receipt and review of the lease from the seller’s solicitors.
|Electronic money transfer fee
|£35 + VAT|
|Estate Agent Fees||This will be the sum you have agreed with your estate agent at the outset of the transaction. We will pay your estate agent on your behalf on completion.|
|Land Registry Official Copies of the Registered Title||£15.00|
|Management Company Pack||£300.00|
*These fees vary from property to property and can on occasion be significantly more than the ranges given above. We can give you an accurate figure once we have sight of your specific documents.
You should also be aware there may also be ground rent and service charge to be apportioned between seller and buyer. We will confirm the ground rent and service charge apportionments as soon as this we receive this information.
How long will my house sale take?
How long it will take from your offer being accepted until you can move out of your house will depend on a number of factors. The average process takes between 6-12 weeks. It can be quicker or slower, depending on the parties in the chain. For example, if you are selling to a first time buyer purchasing with a mortgage in principle, it could take 12 weeks. If you are selling a leasehold property that requires an extension of the lease, this can take significantly longer, between 3 and 5 months, and in some cases even longer depending on the complexity. In such a situation, additional charges would apply and you will be advised of this before any additional work starts.