We aim to offer to each of our clients an effective service and we are confident that we will do so in your case.  We welcome your comments. However, should there be any aspect of our service with which you are unhappy, please do immediately raise the matter with the person who has immediate responsibility for your case (who you will probably already have met). If you then find that matters remain unresolved you should, please, contact Martin Pate, Managing Director, MJP Law 28 Old Road, Wimborne, Dorset BH21 1EJ 01202 842929.  He will provide you with a copy of our complaints policy.

If we are unable to resolve your complaint then you can have the complaint independently looked at by the Legal Ombudsman. The Legal Ombudsman investigates complaints about poor service from lawyers.

The Legal Ombudsman can investigate complaints up to six years from the date of the problem happening or within three years of when you found out about the problem. If you wish to refer your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman this must be done within six months of our final response to your complaint. If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman their contact details are as follows:

  • Visit or email
  • Call 0300 555 0333 between 8.30am to 5.30pm.
  • Calls to 03 numbers will cost no more than calls to national geographic numbers (starting 01 or 02) from both mobiles and landlines.
  • Calls are recorded and may be used for training and monitoring purposes.
  • For minicom call 0300 555 1777. Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

Do not send original documents to the Legal Ombudsman. They will scan any documents you send us to make computer copies and then destroy the originals.

Alternative complaints bodies such a ProMediate and Small Claim Mediation exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme.

We reserve the right to decline to have a complaint submitted to an ADR body and if this were the case then we would inform you of our decision in writing and our reasons for this.

You may also have the right to apply to the Court for an assessment of a bill under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974.  Please note that if all or part of a bill remains unpaid we may be entitled to charge interest.